Boston Colleges and Local Hospitals
If you are visiting one of Boston’s many colleges, universities, or hospitals then the Howard Johnson Hotel Boston is the perfect place to stay. Our comfortable hotel is within walking distance of Boston University, Harvard Medical School and the Longwood Medical Area Hospitals.
Our central location puts you near the Berklee School of Music, Northeastern University, and Emmanuel College as well. Make your visit to Boston’s colleges and universities simple when you stay with us.
Boston Hotel Lodging.
Stay at the Howard Johnson Hotel Boston when you visit colleges, universities or hospitals in the Boston, MA area. Located just a few minutes away from downtown Boston and the city’s most interesting attractions and activities, you’ll enjoy the reasonably priced accommodations, central location and extra features of our comfortable hotel. The Howard Johnson Hotel Boston offers a relaxing, budget friendly place to stay for your college tour or hospital visit in Boston. Ask about our special packages on deluxe accommodations. [Top]
- Boston University (BU). Boston University was originally established in 1839 as a private research university. Home to more than 30,000 students and 3,000 faculty members, BU is the fourth-largest private university and offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs through 18 schools and colleges at its two campuses. For more information, visit www.bu.edu.
- Northeastern University (NU). Northeastern University is an award-winning, private research university offering undergraduate majors in 65 departments and more than 125 graduate programs. The university's distinctive co-op education program allows students to alternate semesters of study with periods of full-time work at major businesses, including law firms, banks, and Fortune 500 companies. For more information, visit www.northeastern.edu.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). MIT is a private university offering 32 different educational departments, all with a strong emphasis on scientific and technological research. Founded in 1861, MIT offers a world-class education in a wide range of fields of study from Civil & Environmental Engineering to Nuclear Science & Engineering. For more information, visit www.mit.edu.
- Harvard University. Founded in 1636, Harvard University is the oldest college in the United States. Harvard sets the standard for all universities in the US, offering a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs, including the Harvard School of Law, business school, and medical school. Harvard is also home to the largest academic library in the country. For more information, visit www.harvard.edu.
- Berklee College of Music. The Berklee College of Music offers a formal training in a variety of music styles, including classical, jazz, rock, contemporary music. The College provides a multicultural experience as roughly 23 percent of the students at Berklee are from outside of the United States. For more information, visit www.berklee.edu.
- Simmons College. Simmons College is a well-known women’s liberal arts college in Boston. The undergraduate program at Simmons is single-sex, however the graduate programs are mostly co-ed with the exception of the School of Management, which offers the world's only MBA program designed exclusively for women. For more information, visit www.simmons.edu.
- Emmanuel College. Founded in 1919, Emmanuel College is a four-year, Catholic college situated adjacent to the Longwood Medical District. Emmanuel was a women’s college until it became co-ed in 2001, and they offer a liberal arts education in a wide range of programs from education to communication. Www.emmanuel.edu [Top]
Hospitals in Boston.
If your trip to Boston involves a visit to one of Boston’s top hospitals, then you will find that the Howard Johnson Hotel Boston is the ideal location for your accommodations. The Longwood Medical Area is only a mile away from the hotel, and we provide our guests with free shuttle transport, free parking, and a special rate. Call the hotel directly at 617-267-8300 for details. With more than 15 state-of-the-art hospitals and medical research facilities, Boston has some of the most advanced medical centers in the country.
- Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH). Massachusetts General Hospital biomedical research facility is the third oldest general hospital in the US. As the pioneer throughout its history, MGH was instrumental in revolutionizing many modern medical practices, from the introduction of anesthesia to modern psychiatry. Today, MGH is an award-winning facility that offers a wide range of services from orthopedics to neurosurgery. For more information, visit www.massgeneral.org/.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is a major teaching hospital of Harvard medical School and the third-largest recipient of biomedical research funding from the National Institute of Health. Also well-known for its outstanding patient care, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is considered to be a national leader in a wide range of clinical research areas, including cardiovascular, infectious diseases, diabetes, and cancer. For more information, visit www.bidmc.harvard.edu/sites/bidmc/home.asp.
- Children's Hospital Boston. Children's Hospital Boston is one of the top two pediatric hospitals in the country, offering a complete range of health care services for children from birth through age 21. The state-of-the-art hospital includes modern pediatric research facilities, a world-renowned Advanced Fetal Care Center, and serves more than 450,000 patients from over 100 countries each year. For more information, visit www.childrenshospital.org.
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Dana-Farber Cancer is a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School that provides advanced training in cancer treatment and research, while serving more than 185,000 adult and pediatric patients each year at 12 specialized centers. The Institute is internationally known for its excellent clinical research, including more than 200 clinical trials over the past ten years. For more information, visit .www.Dana-Farber.org
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH). BWH is a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School and one of the largest healthcare providers in Massachusetts. This highly academic hospital is an important biomedical research institute, known for its research in cardiovascular diseases, rheumatology, endocrinology, and laboratory medicine, as well as its high rankings as a working hospital. For more information, visit www.brighamandwomens.org. [Top]
Howard Johnson Hotel - Boston, Massachusetts (MA)
1271 Boylston Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02215
Reservations: 617-267-8300 Contact: 617-267-8300 Fax: 617-267-2763